The King and the Motor Yacht Club 
It was announced on Saturday at Southampton that, by permission of His Majesty the King, the Motor Yacht Club will in future be known as the Royal Motor Yacht Club.
The club has been five years in existence, having been founded in 1905 by the Royal Automobile Club.
All the hydroplanes owned by members of the club were expected to take part on Saturday in a handicap over a 13-mile course. Only Mrs. Edgar Thornton’s Columbine (scratch) and Lord Howard de Walden’s Pierette (3½ minutes) started. Columbine finished alone, Pierette having retired in the last round.
(Transcribed from the Times of London, Oct. 3, 1910. p. 19)
[Thanks to Greg Calkins for help in preparing this page — LF]